Vincent E. Aubrey
• Undergraduate Degree from University of Utah
• J.D. University of Connecticut
• Bar Member of Georgia, Utah, Connecticut and Virginia
Vincent Aubrey represents creditors in the alternative lending industry. His practice focuses on the various issues that arise with growing companies in a rapidly evolving industry.
Mr. Aubrey is uniquely qualified to provide his financial clients with expert practical advice, having spent the past 15 years representing banks, asset-based lenders, leasing companies, and alternative lenders in collection matters in both state and federal courts.
As former in-house counsel and VP of Collections for CAN Capital, Mr. Aubrey is one of the few attorneys in the country with a specialized knowledge of the merchant cash advance product, as well as expertise in all compliance and regulatory issues relative to collections.
Mr. Aubrey has developed an approach to legal problem solving that is collaborative rather than confrontational. He finds that careful listening, followed by fair mediation, can often resolve even difficult issues.
However, when litigation becomes necessary, his clients say there is no one else they would rather have in their corner. His mastery of legal procedures and options, combined with swift strokes of strategic maneuvering have made him a formidable opponent in every courtroom in which he has appeared.
Read more about Vincent Aubrey’s story, and the unique firm he created.
Bret T. Thrasher
• B.A. VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY
• J.D. UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
• ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN GEORGIA AND SOUTH CAROLINA
• PRACTICE GROUPS: LITIGATION, BANKING & FINANCE
• COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: LEADERSHIP GWINNETT
• AWARDS: AV® PREEMINENT PEER REVIEW RATED BY MARTINDALE-HUBBELL
Bret T. Thrasher is a shareholder at the firm and has extensive experience representing financial institutions and other businesses in a wide variety of complex litigation matters, including contract disputes, lender liability, loan participation, fraudulent conveyances, real estate, and commercial asset recovery.
Bret has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts, including several successful jury trials.
Bret’s accomplishments include:
• Successfully defending a large, regional bank in federal jury trial against claims brought by subordinate lender.
• Representing both originating banks and participating banks in numerous disputes over participation agreements relating to multi-million-dollar loans.
• Obtaining summary judgments on behalf of corporate officers in several fraud and fiduciary cases.
• Successfully prosecuting fraudulent transfer cases throughout Georgia which led to pivotal case law.
• Recovering hundreds of millions in assets on behalf of lenders since 2008 downward cycle.
• Managing state-wide practice of confirmations of foreclosure sales, including the landmark case of HWA Properties, Inc. v, Community & Southern Bank, 322 Ga. App. 877, 746 S.E.2d 609 (2013), which preserved a guarantor’s liability for a deficiency judgment despite an absence of a confirmation of the foreclosure sale.
• Undergraduate Degree from Spelman College
• J.D. University of Maryland
• Bar Member of Maryland and Georgia
Anitra has represented creditors and debtors in bankruptcy and litigation matters during her legal career. Her focus with Aubrey Thrasher is on creditor’s rights in Bankruptcy.
Anitra prides herself on dedication to her clients and believes that everyone deserves high quality legal services centered around integrity, experience and proven results. Her practice areas include bankruptcy, consumer protection, landlord-tenant, employment law, and personal injury.
She received her undergraduate degree in Political Science from Spellman College and her law degree from the University of Maryland School of Law, with a concentration in Health Law, where she was an Associate Editor of Maryland’s Journal of Health Care Law & Policy. While at the University of Maryland, Anitra clerked for the Honorable Judge Wendell Graham, County Judge for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida.
She subsequently worked as an attorney for AHC, Inc., where she represented health care providers and successfully obtained hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical payments from insurance companies. She then went on to practice both as a Maryland Assistant State’s Attorney representing Maryland in numerous jury and bench trial criminal cases and an associate attorney practicing in consumer law and protection, family law, and bankruptcy.
Anitra is a member of the Georgia State Bar Association, Maryland State Bar Association, and the Atlanta Bar Association. She is admitted to practice in the U.S. Federal District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, and the Maryland Court of Appeals.
• Undergraduate Degree from Kennesaw State University
• J.D. Florida Coastal School of Law
• Bar Member of Georgia and Florida
Jason is a Marietta native who attended college at Kennesaw State University, where he received a full scholarship. He earned his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Florida Coastal School of Law.
Jason began his career working with a prominent bankruptcy firm, where he became an expert in consumer bankruptcy practice. Jason then went on to manage the Atlanta office of the largest bankruptcy firm in the country. During his time there, representing hundreds of clients in consumer bankruptcy filings, he gained expertise in the practice of bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA, foreclosure defense, garnishment actions, and all other aspects of consumer debt practice.
Jason joined the Aubrey Law Firm in 2016 and has been applying his expertise to the effective and ethical collection of commercial and consumer debts. At Aubrey Thrasher, Jason manages the litigation caseload as well as the firm’s attorney network for all cases filed nationwide.
Jason is a member of the State Bars of both Georgia and Florida, as well as the Federal District Courts for both states. Jason is also admitted to the US Tax Court, is an active member of the National Creditors Bar Association, and stays active in the Cobb Chamber of Commerce.
• Bachelors of Science, Sociology, KSU
• Masters of Science, Conflict Management, KSU
Kristina has worked beside Vincent Aubrey since the firm’s inception, building both her knowledge of the unique FinTech industry and the foundation of the firm’s operations. The Firm’s client base has come to trust her solution oriented insights and guidance.
Unlike some in the legal field, Kristina’s mission has been to keep individuals out of the courtroom. Rather, she believes in the collaborative benefits of mediation to achieve positive outcomes for all parties. With this approach, she helped develop the operational philosophy of Aubrey Thrasher.
Professionally, Kristina gained experience in the accounting field, first for a large real estate brokerage, and then for a CPA, doing specialized tax preparation. She began working in the legal industry in 2006, and joined the Aubrey Law Firm when it was established in May of 2015.
Currently, Kristina wears many hats in her role as Firm Director. She handles business development, client relations, strategic planning, human resources, marketing, and branding, as well as financial analytics and reporting. She derives great satisfaction from the many ways in which her dynamic skillset has contributed to the firm’s success, as well as developing its healthy culture of collaboration.